In such heat water is so tempting, be it an ice-cold drink, a cooling shower, a refreshing rain, a stroll under the sprinkler in the garden or (the best of all) a day (oh, at least an hour!) by or on the water. Just thinking about water activities seems to be helping already. To make it easier for you to arrange a day on the water, we’ve decided to put together some addresses in the Northern Netherlands where you can rent a boat without the need of a sailing license.
1. At Paterswoldsemeer you can rent different kinds of boats (starting from €35 per 2 hours), including a motor boat, sail boat, a canoe (starting from €10 per 2 hours) and a triple canoe (starting from €20 per 2 hours).
2. At Zuidlaardemeer you can rent comfortable boats for groups up to 7 people. Depending on the boat type price is €25-€35 per hour or €125-€150 per day.
3. At Leekstermeer the choice of the boats for rent is the biggest: you can choose from 15 different types. Prices vary from €8 to €31.5 per hour (depending on the boat type, of course) and the renting time can be prolonged every 15 minutes.
4. At Sneekermeer besides the general choice of boats mentioned earlier there are electric boats available for the groups up to 8 people (€115 per day), fishing boats/catamarans (€85 per day) and camping boats where a family of 6 can also stay overnight on board (€160 per day).
5. Various places in the province of Groningen offer a canoe rental service. Groningen is perfectly suited for canoeing, according to the most recent study it counts 850 kilometers of canoe routes. And with the arrival of Blauwestad, the large waterway network has only become more extensive.
Looking for more ideas of fun things to do during the summer? Become a member of Connect International and receive our weekly tips full of events and news direct to your inbox.
Connect International Team